Thursday 21 June 2012

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp & 17 Mirror Shine Beehive

Hey girls, I've decided to stick these two reviews together as I wore them together yesterday and took some pictures of my FACE. Uh oh close up time! I got the Sexy Pulp mascara with my Glossybox earlier this week and I loved the look of the brush, let's have a look at this one first!
We only got a small sample, in fact the brush takes up most of the inside of the tube! If you want to see the brush in all its glory check out the Glossybox review here! The brush is great in that it curves to the shape of your lashes, and it doesn't get too much product on it when you pull it out of the tube (unlike my beloved Faux Cils which just gloops EVERYWHERE). So, before and afters!
By the way my lashes are quite blonde at the tips so you won't see the ends!
Va va voom!
I really like this mascara, I don't tend to do seperate coats as I find waiting for coats to dry makes the application clumpy, I just keep going over my lashes until they are long enough. This is a great length, almost all my lashes are coated equally but it could do with being a big thicker. Still, I'm very happy with this. During the day I did end up with a couple of black marks under my eyes, but I did have eyeliner on so it's hard to tell which was the culprit. To be safe I'd say stick on a coat of waterproof mascara over this and it would be perfect. This mascara is half price on the Yves Rocher website.
Next up, 17 Mirror Shine lipstick in "Beehive", which seems to be a big thing in the blogging world. I'd seen this on a couple of posts, and Boots were giving you a free eyeliner and 100 points if you bought a lipstick, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Not bad for £4.59! 
Is it just me or is there not that much in the tube? It's a dusky pink-brown colour in the tube, creamy looking with no shimmer or glitter. On the skin, it is much more sheer and less pigmented but very very glossy and shiny looking.
I have to be totally honest: I HATE the packaging. I see what they're trying to do with the mirrored look, mirror shine. But it's so plasticy and cheap, the lid is so light, I dropped it and it bounced! I hate the blue colour too. Maybe I'm a makeup snob, it's only £4.59 what am I expecting? Also in the interest of being honest, the product itself is fantastic. It feels very smooth and soft on, the colour payoff is good for a nude lipstick. 
It's shiny but not sticky and you can tell it's a lipstick not a gloss. It's very much a day-to-day shade and you could pull off a dramatic eye with this. It's also very moisturising, sometimes when wearing lipstick throughout the day I carry a lipbalm to alternate or put underneath, I didn't have to use lipbalm once when wearing this. It's fairly long-lasting, at least an hour and a half which is good for a glossy lipstick, but I tend to reapply more often as I was enjoying using it!  It does wear down a little oddly, I didn't have any dry patches on my lips yet there were grooves left on the bullet after application which made it look a little messy.
Overall I think this is a great highstreet buy, you get a great product for what you pay, it's a great alternative to the likes of Mac Angel and Hue and delivers a great look for minimal cost.

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp 7/10 and 17 Mirror Shine Beehive 8/10, would repurchase both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx