Tuesday 8 May 2012

She Said Beauty Box May 2012

Is there anything more satisfying that the doorbell ringing and seeing the postie there with a spanking new beauty box for you? If there is then I don't know it. How cute is the little note on the packaging?
I'm such a sucker for sweet things like that, it really made me smile :) So, onto the goodies inside! This is the box with all the samples laid out, there were three full size products, which I thought was great this time round. I'll just feature pics of my favourites.
I am in LOVE with the eyelashes, from the Vintage Cosmetic Company, a brand I had never heard of which you can find here. The site and design is super cute and girly, very glam and 50s which is adorable. I got the Gracie lashes, which come with enough glue to wear them a couple of times and I am saving them for a night out with the girls. Check them out:
There was also this cute soap, it's meant as a relaxing soap based on yoga scents and beliefs, the packaging is nice and well designed. Not what I would normally buy but I reckon it will be nice to use in the bath, maybe with my Umi bath soak.
Last pic is of an Inika Lip Whip in "Apricot", these retail for around £14.00 so I was very impressed to get a full size one in my box! I have heard alot about Inika, specifically the eyeliners, but never tried anything by them. The product is billed as being vegan, cruelty free and halal, amongst other things which is great. The gold and black box is timeless and very classy, and I always love being able to see how much product is left in the tube. This shade is almost bronze in colour and has a stunning metallic shimmer, it is smooth but not sticky and looks fab on. I'm a massive fan already.
We also got some samples from Snowberry, another brand new to me, which I have not tried yet, a sun lotion (the weather won't permit use of this for some time yet!) and a Kim Kardashian perfume rollerball. Firstly the rollerball would not work, the packaging is very TOWIE and the perfume smells like you are being smothered with pot pourri. AVOID. So, have any of you received this box and if so what is your take on it?

17 comments:

  1. i just cancelled my glossy box sub, im seriously considering this one :) xx

    http://c-a-tmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it, I like the fact that you can go on the shesaid website and review the product for points, and save up the points for a free box, a bit like the glossypoints! xx

      Delete
  2. wow that box looks much better than the glossybox, I think im gonna give them a few more months then decide if i'll change x

    www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated getting a glossybox, still tempted to be honest but some of the reviews I've seen leave me unconvinced! I'm really happy with SheSaid, might try Lux Box at some point though xx

      Delete
  3. I love a great beauty box but I hate the parfum samples! Personally, if it is something free I can get when I walk through a dept store, I should have to pay to get it. Anyways...looks like you got a lot of great items and I reviewed the glossybox in the US recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll come have a look at your review :) Yeah, I was very disappointed with the perfume, and people have such differing tastes in perfumes, so a lot of people are bound to hate whichever perfume is included, seems a bit silly to me xx

      Delete
  4. lovely blog girly! saw you on bloghop and wanted to say i'm your newest bloggy friend/follower!

    <3
    would love it if you'd become one of mine as well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasmine :) Just checked out your blog and am super jealous of your tan and the sunshine you guys get. Being Scottish, mine comes out a bottle mostly!! Following you now so look out for some comments xx

      Delete
  5. What fun! I want a beauty box! LOL

    Following you from the blog hop!

    www.DailyDoseofHandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blog hop! Lots of lovely new blogs and bloggers, just popped on over to yours and I love etsy so very cool blog!! xx

      Delete
  6. Loving Your page!! New follow from Blog Hop!! Definitely showing you some love across the social networks :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks dear just had a wee read of your blod and LOVING the gradient nails, which I tried the other week-massive fail haha will need to try copy yours. Also wish we had Julep Maven over here in Scotland! You'll find me stalking your other posts, mucho impressed! xx

      Delete
  7. Hey Emma. This is one of the better beauty boxes I've seen to date. I love Natio products, particularly because they are made in Australia! Those lashes are adorable - thanks for the link I am going to head over and check them out - I love everything 50's inspired.

    Come by my blog and say hi - I'm a new follower from BlogHop :)
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey from the other side of the world! Loving your post on the Sephora and Pantone collab, I didn't know that was happening! i'm off to France in the summer and fully planning to drive as far as necessary to get me to a Sephora! I've added you too dear, thanks for commenting!! xx

      Delete
  8. Thanks all for coming to have a wee look, loving the diversity of blogs and locations, and following you all now, some great reads there!! Big love ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just started following you :) this box looks really good! I haven't heard of she said boxes before!
    Courtney xx
    www.overtherainbow-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney! :) Welcome to my page xx

      Delete

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx