Wednesday 2 May 2012

Peaches and cream

It's my first day off in over two weeks!!! I kid you not...so I'm doing what any reasonable girl does, sitting watching CSI with a face mask on, although sadly it's not the green type that scare delivery men. I also just painted my tootsies with my new Max Factor nail varnish so thought I'd do a review of both :)

The face mask is a sample of ESPA's skin radiance mask, they say "Revive skin's natural born radiance with this illuminating face-saving mask". It contains licorice, mulberry, bearberry (?) and pumpkin enzymes, and I got the 7ml sample. As always the ESPA packaging is lovely,this is a pearlescent lilac colour which even looks soothing and refreshing. See below (please ignore the cityscape cushion lol)


So, as you may know from my ESPA Spafresh toner review I love ESPA products, and had pretty high expectations for this. However I still got a little surprise when I squirted it out and it's a gel, and a kind of yellow-green colour! I had expected a cream or clay-based mask so got a bit of a shock, but proceeded to smooth it on anyway. It smells a bit weird, I think it's the licorice and pumpkin together, but nice weird, like it's definitely going to do something. The cooling sensation on my skin is lovely, I have a bit of a mystery headache today and this is helping it, which is great! Everyone needs a bit of pampering now and then, don't we? Anyway this is what it looks like:

NOT what I expected at all! Also, it's non drying, but not sticky either, which I love. It feels really light on my skin and I *swear* I feel more refreshed already, though this could be my imagination! I've just gone to check the price of this on the ESPA site, and its £34.00 for a 25ml pump bottle, though it's expensive I reckon I'll get two treatments out of this little tube so per use it's not too bad. I have a £5 voucher to spend in ESPA in Harvey Nichols, seriously tempted to get this but will have to wait for payday! Anyway onto more affordable goodies, Max Factor's Max Effect Mini Nail Varnish in "Pretty in Pink".
It's pastel season and I love peachy/coral shades, so when I saw this on a deal in Superdrug (£1 off, £2.99 instead of £3.99) I snapped it up. The name of the shade is very misleading, it's not really a pink at all! But it is a very pretty shade. Please excuse the dreadful application, I had acrylic nails done in Florida in February and since then my nails have been trying to recover, to no avail.
The top photo is with a flash, the bottom is without but I'm sure you'll agree, it's more peachy than pink? The formula is creamy and two coats is more than enough to give a true-to-bottle colour. All in all, this is a great little buy for the price, and I will be getting more colours from the range (I have my eye on a beautiful purple to be featured soon). Also, I like the smaller bottle as I struggle to finish larger polishes!
TOOTSIES! you can see my cosy Ugg slippers in the background, a must for any chillout day :)

ESPA 9/10 and will purchase in the future
Max Factor 10/10 and already on the prowl for new shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx