Tuesday 17 April 2012

She Said Beauty Box April 2012

Beauty boxes are something I have been very cynical about, especially after reading many people's disappointed reviews of particular months where they have felt a little cheated. So I did my research and stumbled upon a good deal for She Said Beauty Box, where I'm pretty sure I got a three month subscription for about £27.00 including postage.

My first box arrived recently and I must say I'm quite impressed! A gorgeous turquoise box with magenta paper hid away goodies nestled on straw. They even sent us all a Lindor egg for Easter (shameless chocolate bribery). There's a handy little guide included, and if you review the products on their website you get points towards a free box!



In this months box we all got a Mischa Barton lipgloss which was about as memorable as the actress herself (I've lost it already), a Filthy Gorgeous nail varnish which looks good but is a sort-of blood red colour so I will be keeping for Autumn, a selection of Comfort Zone products, a face scrub which smelled ODD, an Erno Laszlo selection and an AMAZING Bellapierre shimmer powder.


It really is gorgeous, and worth £12.99 new so really paid for itself. The shade "Champagne" would suit any complexion, the powder is really finely milled but still highly pigmented. There is nothing worse than chunky bits of glitter all over your eyes, and this just gives a beautiful glowy finish.

Comfort Zone- meh. Nice packaging but I broke out in reaction to the scrub and one of the creams, as did another reviewer on their site. Avoid.

Erno Laszlo: I very nearly fell in love with all these products, which are named after Hollywood screen sirens, especially the Ava Gardner eye cream, but the samples were a little too small and the RRP extortionate (from £85.00)! But hey, Erno, if you have any spares kicking about, sling them my way.

All in all a great box, I will probably do a full review of the BellaPierre shimmer powder at some point. For more info on SheSaid Beauty Boxes, and what's in this box, click here.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx