Tuesday 17 April 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipstick

As with all the Viva Glam lipsticks, this was hotly anticipated, maybe more so because of Nicki's rather mental style and addiction to bright colours!


Now, I'm more of a shrinking violet than a neon pink, but I too found myself lusting after this Barbie-pink shade. Normally I find myself drawn to reds/warm colours so this yellow-toned pink is completely out of my comfort zone, but when it's on it actually pulls less yellow and more icy pink than neon. I wore this with a nice shade of tan on a night out the other week and got loads of compliments all night!


The one thing I would say is I would like to have a lip pencil to match as it feathers a bit at the outskirts of my lips, but it won't be an easy colour to match! Also as with many Mac lipsticks, the formula is a little drying, so I have been trying it out with various lipglosses, which also tones down the brightness for a daytime look.

Hmm, I'd say 8/10 and yes I'm looking to get a back-up already! On a side note, the Ricky part of this offering was very lacklustre! Surely they could have come up with something more exciting than a lipbalm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx